Policy Statement Global Textile Alliance Belgium
It is Global Textile Alliance Belgium’s mission to be a leader in the mattress textile industry when it comes to quality and service. We want our customer to experience us as the most easy firm to buy from; as a company that is always working in an innovative and tailor-made way, with an environmentally friendly approach.
We want to and can acquire this asset by:
- Continuously listening to our customer and knowing exactly what his/her needs are.
- Constantly analysing the (customer’s) market and looking for the right product that can help the customer grow.
- Always remaining up to date about the newest developments that improve the sleeping comfort.
- Closely working together with our suppliers and having an incessant two-way communication. That helps both the supplier and us to keep improving.
- Choosing a horizontal organisation, which allows us to have a smooth and quick communication system.
- Using a strong cost control and preventing waste as much as possible.
- Thinking and planning flexibly.
- Staying focused on improving our competences.
- Maintaining our corporate and ecological social responsibility.
- Eliminating hazardous chemicals by 2020, as part of the ZDHC programme (Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals).
- Continuously decreasing the ecological impact of our products, in close collaboration with textile experts and chemicals suppliers.
- Constantly striving to lower our energy consumption, by means of the following actions.
- When buying new machines, we take the energy consumption in account.
- We use a monitor system to closely follow up on the energy consumption.
- We educate our employees so they are able to act correctly when needed.
- We signed the Energy Policy Statement and carry out every new energy saving measure (steam pressure reduction, usage of renewable energy, programmed shut-down lightening and heating, LEDs…).
- We think about the future by investigating the use of solar energy, wind energy etc.
- Not using any C8 water and oil repellant chemistry.
- Making a thorough analysis of wastewater. We have two reasons for doing so:
- To check whether any hazardous substances were used or formed during the production process.
- To monitor the operation of our wastewater treatment. We do this by means of the conventional parameters such as COD, BOD, pH…
- Introducing a Chemical Management System (CMS). This helps us to constantly strive for quality improvement and to meet the ZDHC goal by 2020.